What to do if you recently joined a buying group?
Recently we’ve been asked about buying groups and how to make your Zen Account work if you recently joined a buying group (Example: Synergy, DSN, DentalWhale, etc)?
Let’s review the process together.
First of all, obtain a list of distributors that the buying group has negotiated prices with. Review distributors on the list and see who you already have accounts with and who you don’t. If you don’t, just create a new account with the vendor and connect it to Zen in Settings – Distributors – Plus Button. If you already have an account with the vendor you need to contact them and make sure they acknowledge that you are part of group “X” and it is reflected on your account (either online or when you email to the rep). Most distributors, for example, Darby Dental, when you join a buying group will usually make you switch to another rep. So just be aware and make sure your account is set up and in good standing according to the requirements of the buying group.
Once the pricing is changed with your distributor to the buying group pricing, bring it to Zen. If you have online login and in Zen, this distributor was connected as “Submit Online”, then you only need to make a change in step 2 – Pricing and change it to “Buying Group” (screenshot attached) then just let us know in chat to update your prices. If you have this distributor connect with “I use Rep” then we will need you to provide what that pricing would look like in a form of a spreadsheet or anything you can get from the distributor or the buying group.
If you can’t get pricing form the distributor or the buying group, this might be a red sign. Wouldn’t you want to be able to see the price before ordering? Well, we’ve seen many strange things so far, so if that’s the case, you can add just how it is and update prices from invoices at the verification.
We hope this is helpful and if you need to schedule a consultation to review your account, please use this link to select the time that works best for you: ZenSupplies.com/Sales
- #41 Elizabeth Bueno, Clinical Director of River Run Dental. Exciting Story of Growth, Focus and Team work. →
- #40 Angie Bachman, Design Ergonomics →
- Episode #39 Dr. Tom Novak, DDS from 7 ops 2200SF to 12ops 4000SF building, best parenting advice, and 2 simple rules to a happy life →
- Episode#38 Santosh Patel on building Complete Specialty Solutions through perseverance and abundance mindset, why specialists burn out, and why AI will be so revolutionary in dentistry →
- Episode #37 Dr. Benjamin Johnson, leadership during COVID times, navigating employees retention, daily routine for peak performance, and how to build a special family →