#42 Lightwave Dental COO John Demma
Today my guest is John Demma, COO of a very unique DSO, Light Wave Dental Management. We discuss leadership, team culture, and leading through service.
John has a unique story, growing up in the family restaurant business, learning important skills early on. As John said during the interview “When it comes to leadership and management, there is nothing new under the sun” it’s important to establish your decision framework, principles and guiding values to become a great leader. We go into details and examples from John career at Sleepy’s (10 year career path) and National Veterinary Associates (4 years) and how the idea of Servant Leadership has led John to the current role at Light Wave.
– Good people do great things
– First line of team and management is the most critical part of the organization and senior level management is the least important
– Empower the front line management
– Principles for growth:
– Self Exploration
– Decision Making Framework
– Work life balance always comes with the question: “What are you willing to give up to achieve X”
– No Foundation leads to firefighting. Strong foundation, leadership, long term planning leads to high performance
– One important skills to transition from junior management to more senior is to “Learn how to Story-tell”
– Walk and take calls to manage
Hope you enjoy it!
- [Case Study] River Run Dental Spa accelerates growth with ZenSupplies →
- #42 Lightwave Dental COO John Demma →
- #41 Elizabeth Bueno, Clinical Director of River Run Dental. Exciting Story of Growth, Focus and Team work. →
- #40 Angie Bachman, Design Ergonomics →
- Episode #39 Dr. Tom Novak, DDS from 7 ops 2200SF to 12ops 4000SF building, best parenting advice, and 2 simple rules to a happy life →